Ahhh that first sip of coffee on an early morning. It revives the soul and brings hope for a better day ahead. Not only does it make taste buds sing, but coffee actually has many other benefits. We have compiled a list of a few ways coffee can transform your health and your garden!
1) Coffee contains essential nutrients
Just one cup of coffee contains the following vitamins:
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5): 6% of your recommended daily intake.
- Niacin (vitamin B3): 2% of the recommended daily intake.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2): 11% of your recommended daily intake.
2) Coffee can prevent and lessen the symptoms of Alzheimer’s
We have all known someone who has had Alzheimer’s or have at least heard of this awful disease. It’s not something anyone wants to experience. Fortunately, drinking coffee regularly can actually lower your risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease by 65%!
3) Coffee can prevent and lower symptoms of depression
Depression can make living life extremely difficult and take the joy out of even the little things. It’s a common disease with 8% of Canadians having experienced major depression at some point in their lives. In 2011, a study conducted by Harvard showed that women who drank four or more cups of coffee a day had a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed.
4) Coffee can lower the risk of cancer
Cancer is one of the world’s leading causes of death. In Canada, 1 in 2 people are diagnosed with some form of cancer in their lives. However, coffee is more likely to help kill off liver and colorectal cancers than any other. Studies have shown that the delicious beverage can lower the risk of liver cancer by 40% and colorectal cancer 15%
PRO TIP: Did you know?
You can actually use coffee grounds as a form of fertilizer in your garden? It’s true! Simply keep your USED coffee grounds and at the end of the week, mix them into the soil around your plants. This improves drainage, water retention and aeration in the soil. In addition, worms love coffee grounds. These slimy little creatures actually help by turning up the soil under and around the plant which makes for healthier more vibrant plants!
Want to reap these awesome benefits? We are here to help! If you or your loved ones have plans to watch the Apple Blossom parade this weekend, we have just the special for you!
- Come into our STEMS CAFE before the festivities and grab any Medium Coffee’s for $1.00 from 7:30am – 10:30am this Saturday (June 1st, 2019) only!
- SAVE THE HST STORE WIDE all week – May 29th – June 2nd